Now, you might think that an app’s core functionalities created by mobile app development company are the reason people stick with the app rather than using something else, but that is usually not the case.
What makes people stick to a mobile app is actually its user interface and how it enhances their experience.
You see, when you interact with an app, there are several questions that would come to your mind: Is it responsive? Is it appealing? Does it have the design that can evoke positive reactions and emotions? If the design of your app answers all of these questions, then you have a pretty good software in your hands.
If not, and you want to change your ways, here are some tips:
- Integrate the Rules of Interactive Design
Simply put, Interactive Design has a set of rules for you to follow in order to make your application as interactive and as pleasing as possible. Following these rules will not only make your software aesthetically pleasing, but also functional.
Here are some things that you need to keep in mind:
- Design based on User Feedback- Conducting a survey is one way of knowing what the people actually want. Get as much feedback as you can and then create a design that caters to their needs.
- Functional- The design should maintain a good amount of functionality as well. In other words, the app development should be presentable and convenient.
- Easy to Navigate- If your app offers different services, it has to be presented in a way that is easy to be navigated.
- Accept Feedback- Even though you have conducted surveys and structured the design based on their responses, it is still best to keep an open mind. Users might have a thing or two to say about the design you have picked. Be it good or bad, make the appropriate changes to make it better.
- Keep Accessibility in Mind
For an app to be easily used, you have to keep in mind that not all users have the same finger sizes. This means that you have to create your application in a way that caters to different hand and finger sizes of users.
Increase the font and hit area as you see fit. If anything, have different people test your software so that you will know the general consensus as to what the best final size is.
- Retain Some Features
Smartphones have core functions that some app developers use. Things like Gesture-based actions and the use of emoticons are just examples of them.
While it is important to be unique so your app can stand out among others, remember to not reinvent the wheel too much until there is no incorporation of some of the aforementioned features.
As much as possible, retain some core smartphone features so that users will not feel alienated when using the app.
- Choose the Right Color
One way to keep users from using other similar applications is by choosing the right color. If it helps, you could conduct a survey to help you decide which color scheme you’re going to use.
Research also posits that using certain colors signify something to the end-user. For instance, the colour white indicates balance and calm, while red evokes youth and boldness.
Whatever it is, choose the color that best suits your app.
- Use the Right Text for the Job
Using the right font is also important when developing your app. You have to keep in mind that every text inside your application should be easy to read.
While using the right font is key, structuring and phrasing your sentences are also crucial. Make it a point to use positive scripting so that your consumers will feel more empowered when using your app.